Code of Ethics
- Practitioners/Coaches do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions.
- Follow ethical boundaries and act in a professional role to protect both the client and the practitioner.
- Respect and maintain the therapeutic value of the practitioner-client relationship.
- Acknowledge and respect the client’s consent and freedom of choice during a session.
- Recognize and respect people’s personal limitations.
- Recognize the influential position with the client and do not exploit it.
- Honor and respect the trust of the client.
- Clearly communicate all complex relationships that could impair professional judgement.
- Respect and keep the confidentiality of client information.
Standards of Practice:
Lucia Gabriela Enterprises LLC follows all rules and laws regarding the practice of massage therapy in the State of Florida, and obeys all applicable local, regional, and national laws. We are committed to providing a setting that is safe and healthy for both the client and the practitioner. The practitioner is committed to the following standards of practice:
- Communicate with the client to have a clear agreement about the nature and scope of sessions.
- Helping the client understand their informed consent and having the client’s informed consent for work done in sessions.
- Inform and discuss with the client the cost of the session in advance so they have a clear understanding.
- Make appropriate referrals for clients to other qualified professionals when needed.
- Welcome and value constructive feedback from clients.
- Work professionally, passionately, and creatively to achieve the best results for the client.
- Advertise in a way that is honest, dignified, and accurate for the services provided.
- Continuing education and training in fields relevant to the practices used with clients.
- Follow professional hygiene practices to maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in the spa.
- Maintain progress notes for each client.
- Seek professional supervision when necessary.
- Do not discriminate towards clients based on age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic status.
- Comply with all laws about sexual harassment and assault.
- During massage, somatic therapies, or coaching, touch in genital areas is not allowed under any circumstance.
- Sexual acts are not part of any services, programs, or events.
The practitioner is committed to respect and honor the confidentiality of client information and keep private all client records, session notes, and conversations. The practitioner will protect the client’s identity and information. In the case of using client testimonials for professional content, testimonials will only be used with express consent from the client, and the client’s full name will not be used, or will be changed, according to the client’s desire and consent.
Professional Boundaries with Clients:
Issues like trust, dependency, transference, and inequalities of power can potentially create increased vulnerability for the client. Being aware of this, the practitioner is dedicated to maintaining a professional role with the client and communicating the boundaries necessary to maintain professional roles for both practitioner and client. The practitioner will refrain from any behavior that demeans or disempowers the client. The practitioner will honor and respect the trust of the client. If the practitioner and client have a personal relationship outside the roles of practitioner-client, then each person must be aware of the difference and shift from practitioner-client roles during the session to the roles in social settings for the personal relationship. Sexual or romantic intimacy is inappropriate for the practitioner-client roles, both during or outside of sessions. The practitioner will firmly refrain from becoming sexually involved with a client, even if the client initiates or consents to it. No sexual touch is ever used with clients.